1/4/15

Step 4 - I want what I think I know. (MP3) Entry for Step 3 – What do I really know?


I want what I think I know. Step 4 (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]


Greetings All –
I want what I think I know. Step 4

YOU WANT WHAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW, and this is what constitutes the basis of your understanding of yourself and your world. In fact, this constitutes the basis of your whole identity. You will find, however, upon honest examination that your understanding is based upon assumptions primarily, and these assumptions have not been founded upon your experience to a very great degree, if at all.

TODAY IN YOUR THREE BRIEF PRACTICE PERIODS, in which you devote your total attention to examining your assumptions, think about the things you really think you know, including things that you have not thought to question before—things that you think you know. Today’s exercise, then, carries forth from the previous steps where you begin to see the difference between what you think you know and real Knowledge itself and the relationship between what you think of as Knowledge and your own assumptions, beliefs and hopes for things.

THEREFORE, IN EACH PRACTICE SESSION it is very essential for you to think about the things you think you know. When you realize they are based primarily upon your assumptions, you will realize how weak is your foundation in the world. Understanding this may be upsetting and disconcerting, but it is absolutely essential for you to give you the impetus and the desire to discover your true foundation in the world.

PRACTICE 4: Three 10-minute practice periods.

Picture: UCLA Campus, Los Angeles, California January 31, 2012


Like Step 2, Step 3 ignites brain cells.  What do I really know?

I wrote three times today for Step 3. The first:

1:55 p  #1 - What do I really know? At this moment, not much. ... (relationships intrude) The later two entries were more useful.

Looking back at 1999, I offer the first entry ...

9:26 A.M. Tuesday, June 29, 1999. No. 3 What do I really know? #1 - I know that I am - that I have consciousness in this environment. It has experienced events and changed through interaction over the past 52 years. I Know many practical things - though not all are practiced. I'm assertive, yet lazy - and lucky to have what I have. I know intuitively that the creation is complex and unfinished. I've known the holy instant of the connection of all. I know I'm to do my small part - but it appears as small parts - not a single thing, unless it is as a catalyst for others. These are thoughts - but are they eternal knowing? Manifestation is process that invents the clay and then molds it, including not being clay at all.

Some will note the ACIM teaching. I like the last line. Gave it an * in my journal.

You've had interesting thoughts - use journaling someway, somehow to capture them so they can be used or dealt with, as needed.

NNC


Journal 2nd Time Step 3 for those who have completed Steps once. You can look here, but you will be short changing your own growth. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message