1/22/15

Step 22 - I am surrounded by the Teachers of God. (MP3) Entry for Step 21 - Review


Greetings All –

Step 22 - I am surrounded by the Teachers of God. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I am surrounded by the Teachers of God.
Step 22
 

YOU ARE INDEED SURROUNDED BY THE TEACHERS OF GOD, who have undertaken a training in many ways similar to the one you are doing now. Though given in many different forms, in different eras, in different worlds, a very similar kind of training was given to them that was geared wisely to their former state of mind and circumstances in life.

TODAY, IN TWO 15-MINUTE PRACTICE PERIODS, feel the presence of the Teachers of God. You cannot yet see them with your eyes, and you cannot yet hear them with your ears because these faculties of sense have not been refined sufficiently yet, but you can feel their  presence, for their presence surrounds and protects you. In your practice, let not other thoughts interfere. Do not give in to doubt or confusion, for you must prepare to have the reward that you seek, and you must know that you are not alone in the world to have the strength, the confidence and the resource of Wisdom necessary to achieve that which you were sent here to achieve.

YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY THE TEACHERS OF GOD. They are here to love, support and direct you. 

PRACTICE 22: Two 15-minute practice periods.


Picture:  American Planning Association Conference hotel - Hilton Minneapolis lobby - April 26, 2009. Teachers of God are often represented by light. Of the two people seen in the picture, one has a walker, indicating some health issue. These two individuals could have a very large contingent of Teachers of God. We should be so fortunate.

Yesterday:  Step 21 - Review 
The reviews are important. Early on, during your first or second or fifth time through Steps, one might not connect all that is being offered.
Step 15:  I shall listen to my experience today.
Step 16:  Beyond my mind is Knowledge.
Step 17:  Today I want to hear the truth.
Step 18:  Today I feel the truth arising within myself.
Step 19:  Today I wish to see.
Step 20:  I will not let doubt and confusion slow my progress.

From the Journal - 1999:

2:23 A.M. Saturday, Aug 7 - Where am I? Fathoming my True Self, True Home and the Now. All my relations - my, my, my - 
The review was long and follows here. I gave up ink and went to pencil in the journal about a year ago after another ink mishap on a plane. Even ball point pens can't be trusted not to leak in the air.











 
Here, just week three, one can see a foundation is being laid and no phrase in the Step is wasted. Still - no conclusions.
NNC
 

Journal 2nd Time Step 21.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.