2/2/15

Step 33 - I have a mission in my life to fulfill. (MP3) Entry for Step 32 - The truth is with me. I can feel it.


Greetings All –

Step 33 - I have a mission in my life to fulfill. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I have a mission in my life to fulfill. Step 33


YOU HAVE A MISSION IN LIFE TO FULFILL, a mission that was given you before you came here, a mission that you will review once you have left. It involves the reclamation of Knowledge and the proper engagement with others to bring about specific results in the world. It is not so important at this moment that you evaluate your current life to see if it reflects this greater purpose, for you are now involved in the reclamation of Knowledge. As your Knowledge becomes stronger, it will shine its beneficence upon you and through you. Your activities will then be adjusted as is necessary. Thus, you need not blame or condone the past or your current activities, for you are now adhering to a greater strength within you.

IN YOUR TWO LONG PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, dwell upon the idea that there is a great mission that you have in life. Think about this. Do not become immediately convinced by your own first responses. Think about it carefully.Think what this could mean.Think of the moments in your life when you have thought of this before or have entertained its possibility. In your two practice periods, you will have an opportunity then to consider this, but beware—make no conclusions yet.

PRACTICE 33: Two 30-minute practice periods.

This is a Step where you really should be writing down your thoughts, recording them in some way that you can review them.


From the journal:
8/17/99 
6:30 A.M. - Med

7 A.M. The goal of the meditation was to practice feeling the truth. I was very distracted - as if I'd never meditated. I've felt the truth before - it pulsates. I've not been able to keep the connection in the forefront. 

Too much distraction and fatigue. 
...
9:57 A.M. Feeling the truth ... _ over-ridden by feelings of fear. 
...
10:30 p.m. Bed early. Didn't go back to work. In the meditation - what? I don't want to feel truth that is pain - the pain of abusive relationships. I went to touch the maple tree before bed. I'm not sure I'm suited for this world. It is so aggressive. 

I may be disappointing the spiritual family.
...
Bumpy day for sure. Truth is what we seek, but are there consequences? When I attended the University of Wisconsin at Madison, September, 1966 to June, 1968, there was a plaque on a building on the campus that got my attention and stuck with me. Years later I returned to take a picture of it.


Bascom Hill - Historic center of the Madison campus.


 South Hall - the plaque is there at the corner of the building.

This is the inscription.
The name of the Teacher of God who spoke these words? Jesus. Simple, powerful thoughts, that stick with us and provide direction, are a blessing. They can be miraculous at times, evidence of recognition of Knowledge/Holy Spirit in life and our lives.

NNC



Journal 2nd Time Step 32.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.