1/21/14

Step 21 - Review Entry from Step 20 - I will not let doubt and confusion slow my progress. #S2K



Greetings All -

Step 21 - Review


IN YOUR THIRD REVIEW, review all the lessons of the past week and the results of those lessons. Practice today not making any conclusions, but simply recognize the line of development and take note of the progress that you have made thus far. It is too early to make genuine conclusions, though it may be very tempting to do so. Beginning students are not in a position to judge their curriculum. This right must be earned and comes later if you wish for your judgments to have true effect and to be wise.

THEREFORE, IN YOUR ONE PRACTICE PERIOD, review the last section of practice and all that has been experienced thus far.

PRACTICE 21: One 45-minute practice period.
 




This practice was the same as that for Step 19. 

From the Journal: 

January 20, 2014 

After the "seeing" exercises, I'm more aware of other things in the environment. Like "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards. You have to see in order to draw.

August 5, 1999

9:23 p.m. I could not hold my gaze still on the basket or rug. It would move. I know the eye is designed to detect movement and it doesn't like to be still. This evening Rascal (the cat) kept coming around the rug/me for attention.When Rascal was moving in the frame - then the rug wasn't a problem - it was there - background. After a minute of the rug alone - I was spacing out.



And from notes in the book:





NNC